Is an efficient, fair election on November 5th, 2013 for Minneapolis important to you? You can help protect voters’ rights, serve your community—and be paid to do it. Join America’s largest simultaneous one-day team in the nation! We need 200 more election judges in Minneapolis to make this a successful election for everyone!
Election Judge Requirements
- U.S. citizen eligible to vote in Minnesota
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Attend a training class
- Not be the spouse, parent, child, stepchild, sibling or stepsibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct or of any candidate at that election.
Election Judge Responsibilities
- Open and close the polls
- Register and sign in voters
- Distribute and collect ballots
- Operate voting equipment
- Record and certify the vote totals
Desirable Election Judge Qualities
- Able to communicate clearly with voters
- Comfortable working with and serving a diverse population
- Fluency in a second language
Election Judge Pay
Minneapolis Election Judges are paid an hourly wage to attend a training class and for service on Election Day. The hourly wage for Minneapolis Election Judges is $8.75 per hour.
State law allows for time off from work without loss of wages (Minnesota Statute 204B.195).
[button link=”http://vote.minneapolismn.gov/judges/index.htm” type=”big” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Sign Up Today to be an Election Judge[/button]