Interested in applying or know someone who might be? We’re looking for someone who is passionate about neighborhood engagement, experienced working with youth and ready to have a fun summer hosting pop-up block parties!
Summer Step-Up Supervisor & Event Specialist – PT (32hrs)
Lead and oversee summer Step-Up Interns in hosting a variety of community events for residents of the Cleveland Neighborhood.
- Willingness to contact residents, setup events, and document resident contacts
- Experience supervising youth and or community engagement/event planning
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, Word
- Experience with databases and data entry
- Familiar with online docs and online tools (blogging, social media, project management)
Example of duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise High School Step-Up Interns hosting neighborhood block parties
- Assist interns with planning daily activities/events
- Resolve conflicts and manage behavioral concerns as they arise
- Assist interns in bringing supplies and setup to host community events
- Knock on doors inviting neighbors to participate in community events
- Call residents inviting them to an event
- Walk and flyer community and talk with residents about community events
- Update, maintain, and submit intern daily attendance record
The part-time Event Specialist(s) will work with Cleveland Neighborhood Staff to guide our interns to accomplish our mission to connect residents in the Cleveland Neighborhood of north Minneapolis to resources and to each other. The candidate should be familiar and confident with working with a diverse population and comfortable knocking on doors, interacting openly, and having conversations with strangers. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, hardworking, well organized, and has previous supervisory experience. This position will require a flexible schedule. The expectation will be to work primarily hours during the afternoon (noon to 8pm, Monday-Thursday), late evening, and potentially every other Saturday.
Please email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org