Why take an hour out of your evening for a youth committee? Here are a few reasons:
- There are 700+ youth under the age of 18 living in the Cleveland Neighborhood
- Cleveland is home to Lucy Craft Laney Community School were 600+ students from Pre-K through 8th grade spend the majority of their day learning and becoming engaged citizens.
- Cleveland Park, though unstaffed, draws youth and families to picnic and play with it’s splash pad, basketball courts and playgrounds.
So whether you are a kid, or have kids, or just want to make sure our youth have an opportunity to become active and productive members of our community, it’s worth coming out and helping the Cleveland Neighborhood be proactive in engaging the young people in our community. Here are some of the items on the agenda for this evening:
- Summer Park Program – We’ll be partnering with Plymouth Youth Center for the third year in a row to provide a drop-in day program at Cleveland Park for neighborhood youth. We’ll discuss the program, gather feedback and think about how to improve collaboration with community organizations.
- We’ll discuss the potential for evening programming in the Park once a week.
- STEP-UP youth internships – We’ll share about opportunities to have young people working with the CNA staff to connect with more neighborhood residents and help with programming.
- New Ideas – We’ll leave plenty of space for you to bring your ideas. This is a new committee and we are in need of new energy and voices. If you’d like to be a part of it we’d love to have you join us.
We hope to see you tonight at 6:30pm at the Cleveland Neighborhood Offices. Call if you have any questions 612-588-1155