POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
SUPERVISED BY: Board Chair & Executive Committee
TITLES SUPERVISED: All Staff
The Executive Director provides leadership, vision, direction, and administration for the Cleveland Neighborhood Association in fulfilling its mission. The Executive Director is the primary representative of the agency in the community and is directly responsible for its success. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Keeps the Board and Board Chair fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing the organization. With the assistance of the Chair and Board, develop meeting agendas and annual calendars to address crucial issues and to ensure that the board fulfills its responsibilities.
- Oversee Human Resource Administration. Ensure effective team is in place and functions to its fullest potential. Provide leadership for Equal Employment Opportunity in all areas of employment according to national, state and local personnel standards, guidelines and laws.
- Direct Fiscal Management. Responsible for the Council’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives including all fundraising for the organization. Prepare and implement an annual budget to ensure achievement of the Association’s goals and that funds are allocated properly to reflect current needs and future demands. Identify funding prospects by collaborating with foundations and applying for grants.
- Work for the involvement with each Board member to include recruitment and orientation to the agency. Collaborate with the Chair of the Board and Committee chairs to ensure that Board committees function effectively. Coordinate, facilitate and attend all Board meetings, Executive Committee and other committee meetings as required.
- Lead the planning process. Ensure that annual and long range plans are developed and implemented and that goals and objectives are achieved. Formulate plans for Board approval and administer organizational policies.
- Oversee Community Relations and Membership. Develop and maintain sound relationships with other community organizations, planning agencies and funding agencies, government agencies and officials and the general public. Serve as spokesperson for the nonprofit and see that it is properly presented to its various publics.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC and ADA to include State and City certifications are received. Maintain a climate which attracts, retains and motivates high quality individuals, both professional and volunteer.
- Manages all Day-to-Day Operations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience (10+ years in Not-for-profit Management). Professional development in supervisory management is highly desired.
Work Experience: 5+ years of experience in Non-Profit management. Proven track record in successful personnel, fiscal and fundraising management. 2-3 years of supervisory experience. Strong relationship development and leadership capabilities Experience in a non-profit setting focusing on community development, organizing or grassroots issues is highly desired.
- Dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Tight deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Accounting Software (pref. Quickbooks)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, colleagues and community residents.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Terms of Employment:
- Salary: $33,000 – $40,000, based on experience and education
Rolling application deadline
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to:
Cleveland Neighborhood Association
Attn: Executive Director Search Committee
PO Box 11635
Minneapolis, MN 55411